LOC Method for Natural Hair
Do you LOC?
The LOC method is every naturalists saving grace. Its perfect for ladies with dry or brittle hair - but even if your hair is completely healthy, this is a great regimen to add to your routine.
L - Liquid
O - Oil
C - Cream
Typically for the liquid portion of this regimen, you want to use water. Now, most seem to think you need to soak your hair with water daily, but that isn’t the case. Imagine you’ve just co-washed or washed your hair and you’re ready to style it. Well, follow these steps after you have parted and detangled your hair:
- Spritz/mist your hair — a spray bottle filled with water is perfect for this. You basically want to mist/dampen your hair, not soak it.
- For the oil portion you want to use oil that works for your hair. Some popular oils used are coconut, jojoba, olive oil, and argan oil.
- Cream-based products are next. Now this is definitely based on what you are comfortable with already. If you don’t have a product in mind, I will list a few that are very popular and seem to work well for most women.
(2) Shea Moisture
(3) Organix Argan Oil & Shea Butter (gold jar)
(4) Kimble Beauty Conditioning Masque